Student Chamber Groups:
Players can participate a smaller ensembles composed of members of the orchestra. Ensembles performs at smaller events and at community outreach events.
Julia Kushan – Violin
Tiara Johnson – Violin
Sarah Baldwin – Viola
Lizzy Crotty – Cello
Auditions for the annual Concerto Competition will take place on Saturday November 20, 11am-2pm, Ewell Recital Hall.
Candidate must be:
- Student at the College of William & Mary
- Studying with a member of the Applied Music Faculty in the Department of Music
- The selected work must be
- One or more movements of a work for a solo instrument or voice and orchestra. Double concertos are acceptable if both soloists meet the eligibility criteria above.
- Approved by the WMSO Music Director immediately after the application deadline
- Each candidate will receive 15 minutes of performance time and must
- Perform excerpts from all movements that they wish to perform with the WMSO.
- Make appropriate cuts if the work exceeds 15 minutes
- Provide an accompanist. You are responsible for finding your own and will be disqualified if you do not have one at the competition.
- Provide 3 copies of the score (full scores preferred, but piano reductions accepted)
- Memorization is required only for the final performance with WMSO in April but strongly encouraged for the competition.