String players can participate in a smaller ensemble composed of members of the orchestra. The string ensemble performs at smaller events and at community outreach events. More details to come at the start of the semester.
Saturday November 17, 11am-2pm, Ewell Recital Hall
Candidate must be:
- Student at the College of William & Mary
- Studying with a member of the Applied Music Faculty in the Department of Music
- The selected work must be
- One or more movements of a work for a solo instrument or voice and orchestra. Double concertos are acceptable if both soloists meet the eligibility criteria above.
- Approved by the WMSO Music Director immediately after the application deadline
- Each candidate will receive 15 minutes of performance time and must
- Perform excerpts from all movements that they wish to perform with the WMSO.
- Make appropriate cuts if the work excceeds 15 minutes
- Provide an accompanist. You are responsible for finding your own and will be disqualified if you do not have one at the competition.
- Provide 3 copies of the score (full scores preferred, but piano reductions accepted)
- Memorization is required only for the final performance with WMSO in April but strongly encouraged for the competition.